Semalt Explais How To Block Pop-ups On Google Chrome
To learn ways on how to block pop-up windows on Google Chrome is extremely easy. The pop-up blocking feature is always by default, but one can confirm if it is active in the advanced settings. If you continue receiving pop-ups, there is the option to install an ad-blocking extension to block the pop-ups from the built-in browser library. If the pop-ups persist, then there is a high likelihood that your computer has become a victim of pop-up malware. Scanning and cleaning your computer is the only way to get rid of it.
Lisa Mitchell, the Semalt Customer Success Manager, offers the following methods to block pop-ups on Google Chrome:
Method 1: Adjusting Chrome Settings on a Mobile Device:
Move the slider to adjust the pop-up settings in the manner you wish. When the slider moves to the left and reflects a grey color, it means that the pop-up blocker is active. In case it is blue, it shows that the pop-up blocker is off. The opposite is true for those who use an iOS. A blue indicator shows that the blocker is on and grey that it is off.
Method 2: Adjusting Chrome Settings on a Computer:
Open the Google Chrome program on any desktop operating system. It includes Windows, Chromebook, or the Mac OS. A Chromebook owned by your place of work or school can prevent you from changing the pop-up settings on these devices.
- The menu button is on the upper right side of the browser and displays three vertical dots;
- Scroll down the drop-down menu and select the settings button. It redirects you to a new tab with the Chrome Settings menu;
- At the bottom of the page is a 'Show Advanced Settings" button. Locate it and tap on it;
- In the Privacy section of the settings tab, click on 'Content Settings.' It opens a new settings window;
- Under the 'Pop-ups' header, choose not to allow sites to show pop-ups (recommended);
- Click Done. It closes the window and saves the new settings. A notification at the right side of the search bar that looks like a browser window with an X is a notification that Chrome has blocked a pop-up.
Another way to allow pop-ups on a site is to click on this icon and choosing to allow pop-ups on the current site you are on.
Method 3: Installing an Adblocker:
- Open Google Chrome. The desktop version of the browser requires no additional requirements. For mobile devices, one must have a separate ad-blocking software and on a rooted phone;
- Open the Google Chrome settings tab;
- On the left column, click on 'Extensions' which opens up a list of all extensions installed in Chrome;
- Choose to 'Get More Extensions.'
- In the extension store, search for Adblock extension. The most common are Adblock, Adblock Plus, or Ublock. Manually whitelist websites if the adblocker blocks content you do not wish to have restricted;
- Add to Chrome. The option appears to the right of the extension. Chrome then installs the extension;
- Restart the browser.